I finally managed to locate a center caster wheel! Ironically, the center foot was the first thing I finished last year, and I've been looking for a caster wheel ever since. Home Depot, Ace, Lowes, and anywhere else I thought it might be were all zeros. Online wasn't much better. I mean really, the most basic piece of hardware was starting to become an obsession! "Hang on honey, I just want to stop in at this garage sale and see if there's a caster in there!"
But then, I found this place (in Vegas!) that not only had a great wheel, but in R2 blue. What could be better? Fits into the Dave E planned center foot nice and easy, and takes a standard 12mm hex bolt (with a 40mm post). This blue is close to R2 blue, and fairly close to the BaneBot wheels (on a later post). Blue wheels. Cool.
I had to do some rough sanding with the dremel to make the circle cutout just a hair bigger for the wheel as it rotates. Of course, I would have preferred to do this on the router during the build, but that's the way it goes. No one will see the crazy rough circle anyway.
I had to order three as a minimum. If anyone wants one of the other two left, I'll sell 'em for my cost plus a USPS flat rate box. They were $10 each. Let me know....
Nice work, I especially like your style of writing.
ReplyDelete-Victor