I think it's important at this time of year to take a moment to appreciate how lucky we all are that this is our hobby. We are truly fortunate people that we can spend thousands of dollars on what is, arguably, a toy.
Anyway, I spent an hour or two this holiday weekend hiding from the relatives in my man cave garage, organizing, cleaning, and overhauling my workspace. I decided to add a work table behind the workbench, which brings all my important electronics and guts up off the floor and shelves. It also tucks the R2 chassis under the table and somewhat protected. Now I have room to work on Tecees' V3 LED set, and lay out research and other delicate stuff away from all the dome sanding and polishing going on.
Speaking of the dome, I am very unhappy with the polish on the main dome. Other parts, like the base ring and other unpainted panels have turned out beautifully. But, the dome is hazy and not as shiny. I don't want a gloss, but I'm looking for more reflection than currently done. I'm going to wash it next weekend to remove the black residue from the Mother's polish and see if that brings out some sparkle. If not, I'll attack the dome again with 600 grit...for hours....
I also heard from Scott this weekend: He has my JEDI Control fixed and ready to send back. His timing is excellent. All I need now is the $400 in parts I ordered from Keith/DarkJedi back in July.
Picking up a space heater today so I can function thru the winter. It gets damn cold out there by January.




No comments:
Post a Comment