The mildest, driest winter in history continues, and so I have been able to actually paint in 70+ degree weather. Fantastic! Of course, all our ski resorts are suffering, but I am loving it. I haven’t had to shovel any snow yet!
I’ve gotten the dome finish to a level I am very happy with, and I’ve prepped and painted all the dome panels. The sonic blue pearl works great, and two coats of gloss clear finish it all off.
The Teeces Version 3 LED kit went together without any trouble. I also installed a 4-pak battery pack to power the unit, and it’s all working perfectly.
My only real problem is on the bottom of the dome (just above the already installed blue ring). The 300mm dome is nice and precise, but there is still a slight misfit here as the outer dome seems just a hair bigger than the inner dome. This has resulted in some bulges and gaps that are easily visible upon close inspection.
I first tried to use clear silicone to fill and bond these areas. That failed immediately as I continued around the dome. So, next, I used epoxy and I am resigned to having some areas that don’t look perfect. Once the blue dome panels are in place though, it’s mostly obscured.
Once the epoxy is fully cured, the blue dome panels start going on.
The dome will probably be finished by this time next week...
I’ve gotten the dome finish to a level I am very happy with, and I’ve prepped and painted all the dome panels. The sonic blue pearl works great, and two coats of gloss clear finish it all off.
The Teeces Version 3 LED kit went together without any trouble. I also installed a 4-pak battery pack to power the unit, and it’s all working perfectly.
My only real problem is on the bottom of the dome (just above the already installed blue ring). The 300mm dome is nice and precise, but there is still a slight misfit here as the outer dome seems just a hair bigger than the inner dome. This has resulted in some bulges and gaps that are easily visible upon close inspection.
I first tried to use clear silicone to fill and bond these areas. That failed immediately as I continued around the dome. So, next, I used epoxy and I am resigned to having some areas that don’t look perfect. Once the blue dome panels are in place though, it’s mostly obscured.
Once the epoxy is fully cured, the blue dome panels start going on.
The dome will probably be finished by this time next week...




No comments:
Post a Comment