Oh my gosh! I can't believe I've neglected posting to this blog for so long! Especially since my little R2 unit is dang near done. Unbelievable.
So, I just got back from Celebration 6. I was a little bummed out earlier this year when it was announced it was back in Orlando. That meant my R2 couldn't make the trip (too far, too much $$$), and it also removed my urgency to finish him.
But now, after a few uninterrupted weeks of building, I'm just about done. All I have left is the braided hoses, center vent internals, finish routing and securing wiring, and solving a persistent hub problem.
Thanks to the Builder's Room at CVI, I have information, ideas, and plans for all of the above. Kixxo even had brass braided hose there at the show that he sold to me! Wow! I'd been looking for brass hose for months.
I figure I need just another full two days of work and he'll be done. What a long strange trip it's been. I already have ideas on replacing the styrene feet with steel, and maybe continually upgrading to aluminum and A&A over the next few years. Slowly though, because the 501st has my attention now (*uh oh*).
More posts to come, but I just thought everyone deserved an announcement on my progress and near completion. 2 years of building coming to a close!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment