Found the local HF after friends told me to check it out. I got most of my stuff for this build at crazy low prices. Sure, it's cheaply made, but if all you're getting are clamps, squares, and misc little things, who cares? Next, I went over to Tripp Plastics and took a look at the styrene. Only comes in .125" size, not 3mm. No problem according to the Astromech.net forums. Finally, Home Depot for more drill bits and recessed bits.
At this point I am preparing to print out plans for cutting, getting the raw plastics this week, and gathering some of the final tools. I am also doing some research on converting Dave's styrene plans from mm to Imperial. The actual measurements in mm are fine, but all the drill sizes and radius sizes will need to change. I feel like I have a good grasp on everything except what kind of motors to get, and installing them. Winter/Spring 2011 research project.
No comments:
Post a Comment