Fully into the cutting and gluing phase right now. Concentrating on the center foot and ankle for now. Mostly, I'm just playing around with glue and different fillers. I am learning the hard way that acrylic caulk is not going to work. It stays too tacky and sanding just pulls it right out of whatever gap was filled. I am thinking of liquefying some styrene and using that as putty/filler, but that might be too difficult to work with. It would be awfully strong though. I want all the seams and glue joints to be perfectly smooth and seamless. We'll see...
My routine right now is spending Friday and Saturday nights in my garage listening to the latest ForceCast and building away. I am planning on taking the next couple of months just building. The real technical stuff will happen in the Spring when my 300mm dome and JEDI controllers arrive! Until then, just plugging away.
No comments:
Post a Comment