Big weekend! I installed the JEDI Control System, the Sure 2x25w amp, fuse bus, and a pair of Sony speakers. I checked, rechecked, prayed, checked again, and then sacrificed a small animal to the droid gods: And then I connected power. Plenty of bugs and problems, but everything works okay enough for the first roll out.
The only serious problem I have right now is I have no dome motor control. It just spins mindlessly. The motor gets all jerky and weird when I adjust trim control on the VEX. Very strange, and no one seems to know why. I am wired up EXACTLY as Teeces instructed, and I've tried every DIP combination known.
Motor control for the feet is a bit odd in that left and right work opposite on joystick control.
Sounds work perfectly.
JEDI Control LCD now works. After two days of just displaying the Parallax logo, it spontaneously switched over to the JEDI logo and gave the sweet sweet "ready" R2 sound.
I am moving on to dome work and other cosmetics for the rest of today. Taking a breather from electronics for a few days. Maybe the forum will produce and answer for me by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment