I had the month of May to myself for building, since the wife and kids were in Europe. Just me, the garage, cigars, and R2. I made a huge amount of progress, basically finishing all of the styrene building. I've moved onto scratchbuilding detail parts, and I ordered all resin detail bits from DarkJedi for the legs. I also received the dome gears from A&A. Once I have some more funding, I'll buy the motors and get started on the lights. I will be posting detailed step-by-steps on this build from here on out.
SCRATCHBUILD: SIDE VENTS
Here's an excellent step-by-step on the side vents. If using Dave's styrene plans, you will already have the faceplate cut out for the front and rear vents. Just use the same methods and you'll have 4 vents to install. The real trick on this scratchbuild is to replicate the curve of the body for the vent pieces. I used scrap pieces from the body frame rings. I had plenty of these big rings laying around! I used the inside pieces from the 2mm body arm rings. The 2mm is just the right thickness for this behind the scenes piece. To place it into the body frame/skin, I did have to dremel out just a bit on the sides of the bottom cutout to get a snug fit. The dremel work was on the inner skin, and is not detectable from the outside appearance. That last photo is not a "finished" vent, but you get the idea. It still needed to have a strips of styrene placed along the "vents," and the finishing back plate attached.
Next up: Scratchbuilding Coin Returns, Coin Slots, and Ankle Details...

No comments:
Post a Comment