Monday, May 23, 2011

Just me and R2


Home alone for a few weeks; Time to build! This week, I finished the frame, make cuts for the skirt, spent countless hours on the forum, and prepped the skins. First skin layer went on, no problems at all. I procrastinated the frame and skins because of all the heavy cutting, routing, and gluing. After all of it, really not that bad! 

In the middle of the frame build, a nice package arrived from Brenton: Ghurka cigars! Saving the first one for the end of skinning.

I've decided to redo the horseshoes. Just not happy with the layered pieces inside the loop. I could buy resin pieces, but where's the fun in that? So, a bit of a setback, but not too bad I suppose. 

Shopping for resin pieces for the legs and center foot, motors and wheels. Plan is to finish the legs first, then detail out the body. By then, maybe another JEDI Display run will be ready so I can finish the dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment